Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

The light of the world... just a girl

                                 Morning, taken January 2012 by Happiness


When I was little my dad would substitute  bed time stories for stories about when he was little... we loved it and asked him to repeat our favorites over and over again. A few weeks ago, I started doing the same for Happiness. She likes them and I like it. 

At first it was hard to remember anything but the more I did it the easier the stories came to my mind. I told her about how I used to have (and sleep) with 5 cats, how I found my first unicorn (she is also into unicorns), how I love and SHARE with my sister when we were little...you know! some information she might find useful! 

"Can I keep it?" asked Happiness referring to the old unicorn my mom got me when I was around her age "you take mine" and hands me hers. Happiness is afraid of the dark. She wakes up almost every night asking for Mami, and just my voice telling her that I am there makes her forget her fear. I am her light...

"I adore you, you know?...But I think he adores you even more" tells me Roberto meaning Mati... "Yes, I know" and I go on and on telling him about the way he calls me MA-MA and hugs me at the same time, the way he sucks and kisses my lips sometimes so intense I get bruises, the way he looks for me when he is hurt or just wants a smile, the ways he looks at me like I am the world, the only living thing he knows or cares for. I am his and he is all mine.  

Last night I told Happiness my unicorn used to take care of me when I was little, and assure her it would do the same for her. To be honest I don't even remember being afraid of the dark, according to dad it never happen. But the truth is that looking back, I realize I am still that little girl that dreams of tomorrows and forevers. The girl who still consult with her sweetheart what are they going to BE when they grow up... or the same girl that still collects pictures of places she wants to visit. And here I am raising 2 kids, a 100lbs dog, and playing "house"...while it feels like just yesterday I was putting diapers on dolls and teddy bears and playing with my sister under a pomegranate tree. 

Some days I think there is no way I am fooling anyone around here and some other days I get so in "the role" that I even forget I am just a girl... the same girl...just for reals. 


 

{Cuando yo era pequeña mi papá substitullo los cuentos de cama por historias de cuando el era pequeño ... nos encantaban y le pediamos que repitiera nuestras favoritas una y otra vez. Hace unas semanas, empecé a hacer lo mismo para Happiness.Le gustan...

 
Al principio fue difícil recordar pero conferme las contaba se me hizo más fácil y las historias vinieron a mi mente. Le dije cómo solía tener (y dormir) con 5 gatos, ¿cómo me encontré mi primer unicornio (a ella tambien le gustan los unicornios), cómo me gustaba y COMPARTIA con mi hermana cuando éramos pequeñas ... ya sabes! alguna información que podría serle de utilidad!

 
"¿Este es mio?"  me preguntó Happiness refiriéndose al antiguo unicornio mi mamá me compro cuando tenía mas o menos su edad "toma el mío" y me da su unicornio. A Happiness le da miedo la oscuridad, y se despierta casi todas las noches pidiendo a Mami, y sólo escuchar mi voz que le dice que estoy allí le hace olvidar su miedo...soy su luz

 
"Me encantas, sabes? ... Pero creo que el le encantas aún más", me dice Roberto refiriendose a Mati ... "Sí, lo sé" y seguo contándole sobre la forma en que me llama MA-MA y me abraza al mismo tiempo, la forma en que chupa y besa mis labios a veces tan intenso que, moretea mis labios, la forma en que me busca cuando se lastima o simplemente quiere una sonrisa, las maneras en que me mira como si yo soy el mundo, el único ser vivo que solo supo o por el unico que se preocupa. Yo soy de él y él es todo mío.

 
Anoche le dije a Happiness que mi unicornio solía cuidar de mí cuando yo era pequeña, y le asegure que haría lo mismo por ella. Para ser honesta, no recuerdo haber temido la oscuridad, de acuerdo con mi papa eso no sucedio. Pero la verdad es que mirando hacia atrás, me doy cuenta que sigo siendo esa niña que sueña de mañanas y de siempres. La chica que aún consultar con su amor, ¿qué van a ser cuando sean grandes ... o la misma chica que aún recoge imágenes de los lugares que quiere visitar. 

 Y aquí estoy criando dos hijos, un perro de 100 libras, y jugando a la "casita" ... mientras se siente como si apenas ayer ponia pañales en muñecas y osos de peluche y jugaba con mi hermana debajo de un granado.
Algunos días pienso que no hay manera de que este engañando a nadie por aquí y algunos otros días me siento tan en "el papel" que hasta me olvido de que soy sólo una niña ... la misma chica ... sólo esta vez de verdad.
}






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...