Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

My $1 Comforter {Mi Edredon de Un Dolar}

I thrift an old sheet for a $1 and guess what I did with it?
...A new comforter!!
I found it underneath some old star wars sheets (very tempting) and I immediately love the flowery pattern and colors. It reminded me of the first dress (hand made) Roberto bought for Happiness and a set of sheets my grandma had...plus it was perfect for Happiness room. 

The sheet might had been a king size because folded in half gave me a perfect twin size. I sew the edges together (only 3 sides) and left the bottom part open, I attached 6 ribbons to close it. When done I used this comforter from ikea (I already had) and voila! 
Did I mention it was only $1!!

{Adivina que fue lo que hice con una sabana vieja que encontre en un bazar de segunda mano?
...Un nuevo edredon!
Encontre el tesoro debajo de unas sabanas de star wars (que medio me estaban tentando) y de inmediato me encantaron por que me recordaron la tela del primer vestido hecho a mano que Roberto le regalo a Happiness y tambien unas sabanas que tenia mi abuela. Aparte que eran perfectas para el cuarto de Happiness tambien! 

La sabana debio haber side medida king por que al doblarla por la mitad daba la medida perfecta de una cama twin. Uni y cosi las orillas juntas (solo por 3 lados) y deje la orilla a los pies abierta (para meter el relleno y tambien facilitar el lavado) solo le agrege 6 listones para de ese modo cerrarlo, use este relleno de ikea que ya tenia y voila!! 
Mensione que solo me costo $1 dollar?!! }








1 comment:

  1. I love it!! Even I might be able to do that much sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...